Loughrey & Associates, (LADR) - Legal Services - Education Law
Our firm represents children and their parents facing special education disagreements, disability discrimination, and school discipline matters. We are available to assist parents in the following areas:
Special Education Issues including:
Section 504 (of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973) Plans, Hearings and Disability
- Educational Document and Case Reviews
- Individualized Education Programs ("IEP") Meetings
- Discipline of Individuals with Special Needs
- Manifestation Determination Representation
- Due Process Hearings under the IDEA and State Laws
- Civil Actions and Appeals in both State and Federal Court
- California Department of Education (CDE) Compliance Complaints
- 504 Eligibility Issues
- 504 Plan and Accommodation Issues
- 504 Due Process Hearings
- Discrimination Issues Under 504
School Disciplinary Matters including:
- Both Special Education and General Education Disciplinary Matters
- Suspensions of students with and without special needs.
- Expulsions of students with and without special needs.
- Appeals of Disciplinary Actions
Conservatorships for Persons with Developmental Disabilities:
- Information regarding getting Supplemental Social Security Income for your child over 18 years of age due to disability;
- Appointment of Conservatorship over person 18 years or older who have
developmental disabilities and are in need of assistance from a parent, family
member or friend to ensure they are safe, receiving appropriate medical services,
education services etc...
Regional Center and Lanterman Act:
We also handle cases involving Regional Centers and Lanterman Act issues including:
You have a short time-frame to protect your legal rights. Call our office today for
a free consultation.
- Eligibility/Determination for services;
- Individual Program Plans;
- Denied/Revoked Services;
- Negligence or other failure to supervise vendors or programs.
Experts and Consultants are Available to Help!